政治运动, campaigns for change and advertising campaigns all emerge from a similar foundation of wanting to connect with a larger group of people for a common cause. 但要轻松地找到这种联系, 传播信息并看到切实的成果, a campaign starts with two founding principles: a message and an audience. These are related in how the message must resonate with an audience to gain traction and be successful.
To establish a strong relationship between a campaign’s message and the target audience, 了解你的听众是很重要的, 他们的行为和需求. Advertising campaigns of the past worked largely on the basis of assumption. Today’s technology has changed that way of working into one of insight, 个性化和情报.
第一个, 第二和第三方数据, aggregated from different sources and integrated by a data management platform (DMP) onto a demand-side platform (DSP), 可以提高你的活动目标吗, 帮助您更快地取得成功, 并且是你的信息和你的听众之间的链接. This type of data provides significant value to an advertising campaign of any kind, but particularly a cross-device campaign where it can be difficult to identify and target your customers across multiple devices.
The first step in understanding how data can transform a cross-device campaign is to understand the types of data that exist and where it comes from:
• Second party data is first party data shared between entities.
• Third party data is insight collected by an outside firm.
Data aggregation is the process of collecting points of information from a variety of places and bringing it to one central platform. From there, advertisers can pull the data they need to inform their campaigns and shape the content. 例如, if a software company wants to launch a campaign targeted at the remote worker, it could sift through their first party data collected from sales and registration forms and integrate third party data like demographic and behavioral data, user identification data to match consumers across devices, and mobile app ownership data related to apps commonly used by remote workers. 在确定哪些数据是最相关和最有帮助的之后, companies can layer it all together to inform their targeting.
Once a message has been formulated and an audience generated, you can create campaign goals. Goals are the guiding force in putting a campaign into action and also where the real value of data comes into play. A few common goals of a cross-device campaign highlight how powerful data can be in constructing the right message, increasing engagement and experiencing higher conversion rates.
- 获得正确的见解. 当你先分层时, 第二和第三方数据一起, the holistic result is a near-perfect representation of your audience. 发现自己的时间都花在哪里了, how they behave between their devices and where they are willing to make a purchase can help you decide if a mobile in-app ad is worth your investment or a location targeted campaign will result in more engagement. 你在活动中使用的数据越多, 你就能收集到更多的数据, getting you closer to the ideal of knowing exactly where to communicate and with whom.
- 寻找合适的人. Using data to your advantage also involves the hypothetical. A custom data solution like those developed by CA88’s can use all the appropriate data to run a model to find new prospects. 这种方法利用从数据中获得的洞察力, compares it against other users who are not already customers, and identifies a like-minded audience who exhibits high-lift attributes. Then you can target them with the knowledge the data has already given you, 你可以从这个扩大的观众群中收集更多信息.
- 重新定位正确的用户. The biggest challenge within a cross-device campaign is identifying users between their mobile, 平板电脑和台式设备. 使用确定性和概率匹配, CA88将所有设备连接到一个跨设备ID. This single ID enables marketers to target the same consumer as he or she moves from one device to another.
You can realize the value of data by layering all types together, leveraging the expertise of a data-centric programmatic partner like CA88, 并继续数据聚合和使用的循环. Once you begin to use the data tactic on your cross-device campaigns, 你会看到客户不仅仅是数字. They will become the people you want to connect, engage and share your message with.
一场成功的战役总是以胜利告终, 不管那是不是一个成功的政治职位, 利润的显著变化或增加. 让数据成为你获得胜利的秘密武器.